When I started looking into athletes that have persevered…. I was in absolute shock on how many have overcome SO many trials. Yet, I over here, have junk to complain about? Think again.
A surfer loses her arm and the within a week she says, “ I will never say woe is me and I WILL get back on my surfboard.”
Athletes have been homeless, on drugs, birth parents have disowned them, they have been paralyzed. What is the common dementor? Their mindset. No limits. Failure is not an option.
What’s your excuse?
March Book List
- I Beat the Odds: From Homelessness, to the Blind Side, and Beyond – Michael Oher
- Devoted : The Story of a Father’s Love for his Son – Dick Hoyt
- The TB12 Method : How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance – Tom Brady
- Soul Surfer : A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to get Back on the Board – Bethany Hamilton
- Relentless – Tim S. Grover